30 April 2010

I wanna live like I did back then!

With the stars in my eyes and the blood from the heart of the pen!!!

Ah yes, Steel Train craze is still going strong, although I revisited Recover (more specifically their "Ceci N'est Pas Recover" EP...) today and rekindled my love for that band. So great. Things have been getting a little crazy lately, and this blog will reflect that. It's filled to the brim with stuff!

I've started to do quick little sketches in felt-tip marker, like the one below...
I'm taking Danny Roberts' advice and I'm going to practice practice practice. He is one of my main inspirations, after all.





I don't really like this one as much as the others, but oh well. I thought I might as well throw it in anyway.


I adore the one in the top corner there. These drawings are really hit-or-miss for me, but I hope they'll get better over time.

(:



This past week has been spent painting this mural with a fairly large group, spearheaded by two art teachers. It's a backdrop for our school's production of Godspell. I don't know what the play's really about, but it's gonna look hella pretty. Mostly done with paint rollers on broomsticks, haha (:

 I photographed the cast during a run-through of their choreography. Very cute!

The dancers were my favorite group to shoot, though. The colours make me smile.

I love how they match the mural!! <3


I'm thinking about bringing back the daily sketch routine. Hmm.
Until next time, you lovely people.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment